Gluten-free Granola Clusters
- 1-2 cups Mom's Place Gluten Free Rolled Oats or Mom's Place Gluten Free Quick Cooking Oats
- 2 cups sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup honey (warmed, if necessary to make it runny)
- 1/8 cup mild-tasting oil, like safflower
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3-4 cups dried coconut (use the large flakes)
- Optional: 1 cup any combination of chopped, dried fruit pieces (i.e., dried apples, cranberries, raisins, modjul dates, etc.) Toss with a little Mom's Flour Blend and set aside to add last of all.
- A bit of Mom's Flour Blend (optional, but it helps to toss with the pieces of chopped, dried fruit so they don't stick to each other and clump in the granola.
Mix everything but the fruit and coconut together. Stir the honey, oil, and vanilla together and drizzle over the dry mixture. Then sprinkle on the salt and cinnamon and stir well. Spread out on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for at least 15 minutes. Mix in the large coconut flakes and give it another 5 minutes, but keep an eye on it and stir every few minutes, as coconut browns quickly. Around 5 minutes later pull the mixture out of the oven and toss it with the dried fruit. This is good as a cereal or with yogurt parfaits. Totally gluten free--and it's YUMMY!