Gluten-Free Zuppa Toscana Soup
This is one of my personal favorites, I like to make a loaf of Wonderful White Bread to go with it. It is really a hearty soup with out being really heavy. It is also my fall back for a fast meal.
- 1 lb. Italian sausage - Crumbled (you can use spicy sausage if you wish)
- 1/2 lb. Bacon - Chopped
- 4 cups water
- 3 2/3 cups of water with 2-3 Tbsp. Mom's Place Gluten Free Chicken Bouillon
- 2 large russet potatoes - scrubbed clean, cubed
- 2 cloves garlic peeled, crushed
- 1 med. onion- peeled, chopped
- 2 cups of chopped spinach, kale or swiss chard
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet over medium- high heat, brown sausage, breaking into small pieces as you fry it. drain and set aside.
- In same skillet, brown bacon, drain and set aside.
- Place water, broth, potatoes, garlic, and onion in a pot;
- simmer over medium heat until potatoes are tender.
- Add sausage and bacon to pot, bring back to a boil. Add spinach and cream to the pot. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Heat through.