Gluten-free Zuppa Tuscon
This is one of my personal favorites, I like to make a loaf of Best Sandwich Bread to go with it. It is really a hearty soup with out being really heavy. It is also my fall back for a fast meal.
- 1 lb. Italian sausage - Crumbled (you can use spicy sausage if you wish)
- 1/2 lb. Bacon - Chopped
- 4 cups water
- 3 2/3 cups of water with 2-3 Tbsp. Mom's Place Gluten Free Chicken Bouillon
- 2 large russet potatoes - scrubbed clean, cubed
- 2 cloves garlic peeled, crushed
- 1 med. onion- peeled, chopped
- 2 cups of chopped spinach, kale or swiss chard
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
In a skillet over medium- high heat, brown sausage, breaking into small pieces as you fry it. drain and set aside.
In same skillet, brown bacon, drain and set aside.
Place water, broth, potatoes, garlic, and onion in a pot;
simmer over medium heat until potatoes are tender.
Add sausage and bacon to pot, bring back to a boil. Add spinach and cream to the pot. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Heat through.