Gluten-free Chocolate Mousse Cake
You never thought Gluten Free could taste so good! Try this moist, rich cake for your next pot luck or party. No one will know that it's Gluten free. Serves about 24. This recipe has been modified from Kraft Foods recipe to be GF. This has quickly become a family and friends favorite. P.S. Don't forget to double check the ingedients list on all items to make sure it is all gluten free.
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Syrup
- 1 package Mom's Place Gluten Free Decadent Devils Food Cake mix, its a 2 layer cake mix
- 1 cup Water
- 1/3 cup Oil
- 7 Eggs (you will need 3 for the cake and 4 for the mousse)
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1 (8 oz) package Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 (12 oz) can Evaporated Milk
- 3/4 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (melted) - microwave for 15 seconds at a time, stirring in between until well melted
- 1 (8 oz) tube of whipped topping for garnish
- Pre-heat your oven to 350°. Spray a 12 Cup* fluted bunt or tube pan. Pour in the chocolate syrup evenly on the bottom of your pan. Set aside, In you mixing bowl add water, oil, 3 eggs, and add cake mix and beat till well blended. Blend in sour cream and pour over chocolate syrup in the pan.
- Next beat the cream cheese and sugar until well blended. Add 4 eggs and mix well. Wisk in evaporated milk and melted chocolate. Gently spoon over the cake batter. Cover with foil sprayed with cooking spray, sprayed side down.
- Place tube pan into a shallow pan at least 3 inches deep. ( I use my roasting pan) and add enough water to larger pan to come at least 2 inches up the side of the tube pan. Bake for 90 min. (no this is not an error) or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely in the pan on a wire rack. Refrigerate at least 2 hours. Invert cake onto serving platter, and remove pan. Serve cake topped with whipped topping.
* Note if you are not sure on your pan size measure 12 cups of water into your pan. If you only have a 10 cup pan reserve 2 cups of cake batter and bake them as cup cakes. I bake them while I am preparing the rest of the cake.
Makes about 6 cup cakes.