Gluten-Free Gnocchi with Zucchini-Almond Pesto
- 1/4 cup (2 fl. oz./ 60 ml) plus 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup (1 oz./30 g) thinly sliced shallots
- 1 Tbs. finely chopped garlic
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch (12-mm) cubes
- 1/2 cup (1/2 oz./15 g) packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 Tbs. chopped toasted almonds
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 package Mom’s Place DeLallo Gnocchi
- 1/4 cup (1 oz./30 g) grated Parmesan cheese
In a small sauté pan over medium-low heat, warm 2 tsp. of the olive oil. Add the shallots and sauté until softened, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté until aromatic, about 30 seconds. Scrape the shallots and garlic into a blender or food processor. Add the remaining 1/4 cup (2 fl. oz./60 ml) olive oil, the zucchini, basil, almonds and lemon juice. Blend until mostly smooth, scraping down the sides of the blender and stirring as needed. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the gnocchi and cook according to the package instructions; drain and transfer to a serving bowl. Add the pesto and cheese to the gnocchi and stir gently to combine. Serve immediately.
*Image and recipe adapted from Williams Sonama.