Rainbow Antipasto Gluten Free Pasta Salad
Rainbow Antipasto Salad Ingredients:
- 1 lb. Mom's Place Spirali Pasta
- 4-6 cups chopped antipasto ingredients (I used diced salami, mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, olives, artichoke hearts, pepperoncini, roasted red peppers. See below for more ideas.*)
- 1 cup chopped fresh kale, massaged**
- quarter of a small red onion, peeled and thinly-sliced
- 1 batch Italian Herb Vinaigrette (see below)
Italian Herb Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Mom's Place Fiesta Chili Lime Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
To Make The Antipasto Pasta Salad:
- Cook the pasta in a large stockpot of generously-salted water al dente according to package directions. Drain pasta and rinse under cold water for about 20-30 seconds until no longer hot.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked pasta, antipasto ingredients, kale, and onion. Drizzle the Italian Herb Vinaigrette on top, then toss to combine. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
To Make The Italian Herb Vinaigrette:
- Whisk all ingredients together until combined.
*To soften the kale, I placed it in the mixing bowl first, along with 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette, and then used my hands to massage the vinaigrette into the kale for about 1 minute. This makes it considerably softer, and will turn the kale a nice dark green color.
**The sky’s the limit for other antipasto ideas, but in general, I recommend using any combination of:
- diced cheeses
- Italian meats
- grilled, roasted, or marinated veggies
- toasted nuts
- diced cantaloupe, grapes, or figs (only if you like fruit mixed in)
*Image and recipe adapted from Gimme Some Over