Gluten-free Zucchini Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Zucchini Cake -
- (1) Mom's Place Zucchini Bread Mix
- 1/3 C. vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups finely grate zucchini
- 1/4 C. chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
- 1/4 C. raisins (optional)
- Mom's Best Flour Blend recommended for dusting the pan
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- (1) Mom's Place Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 (8 oz) pkg. Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 Cup butter, softened
- 2 Tbs. Milk or Heavy Cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a 9×9 baking dish by greasing the bottom and sides. Lightly dust with Mom's Best Flour Blend and shake out excess flour.
- In a medium bowl, blend vegetable oil, eggs, applesauce, and vanilla with the brown sugar packet in the Zucchini Bread Mix with an electric mixer until very smooth.
- Add Zucchini Bread Mix with to this mixture. Blend on medium speed until thoroughly combined.
- Quickly, but gently, stire in zucchini and optional nuts and/or raisins. Batter will be rather thick.
- Add the batter to prepared 9×9 baking dish.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let completely cool.
- In the meantime, prepare the Mom's Place Cream Cheese Frosting exactly as directed. Set aside until cake is cool.
- Gently spread the cream cheese frosting on the zucchini cake once cooled. Top with chopped pecans and serve!