Gluten-free Spinach & Artichoke Chicken Alfredo Pasta
- 1 - 8 oz. Mom's Place Gluten Free Penne Pasta (cook to al dente) (or any other Mom's Place Gluten Free pasta)
- 1 large chicken breast - bite size pieces
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups Monterey jack or mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 - 14 oz. can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 8 oz. frozen or 1/2 cup Mom's Place Gluten Free Dehydrated Spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook pasta to al dente (cooked, but still firm to bite, not soft). Remove from water and set aside. In large skillet, heat olive oil on medium-high heat and saute bite- size pieces of checken (season with salt and pepper) for about 5 minutes or until nicely browned. Remove the skillet from heat, cover with lid and let the chicken continue to cook until no longer pink in the center and cooked through. Remove chicken from pan - set aside.
In same skillet, heat up the heavy cream until it boils. Immediately add the cheese and stir untile melted and nice and creamy. Reduce heat to medium-low and slowly in small portions, add milk, constantly stirring, letting it simmer until a creamy consistency is reached.
In 9x13 casserole dish, add cooked pasta, artichoke hearts, spinach, cooked chicken and pour the cream sauce from skillet over top. Season top with salt and pepper. you may also sprinkle more shredded mozzarella or Monterey jack cheese on top. Bake 20-25 minutes, until hot and bubbly. Enjoy with a green salad w/ Mom's Place Gluten Free Creamy Ranch Dressing and Mom's Place Gluten Free Bread Sticks - yum!!