Gluten-free Clean Eating Artichoke & Spinach Penne Lasagne
- 1- 8 oz. Mom's Place Gluten Free Penne Pasta (cook to al dente) (or any Mom's Place Gluten Free pasta)
- 6 cups fresh spinach or 1 cup Mom's Place Gluten Free Dehydrated Spinach
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 package Mom's Place Gluten Free Spaghetti or Lasagna Sauce mix
- 2 - 14.5 oz. cans diced tomatoes
- 2 - 8 oz. cans tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1 - 14 oz. artichoke hearts, drained and cut in half
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup shaved parmesan
- 1/8 tsp. salt
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cook pasta to al dente (cooked, but still firm to bite, not soft), remove from water and set aside. If using fresh spinach leaves, tear into small pieces. Add olive oil to a large skillet, heat to medium-low, add spinach and cook just until wilted, approximately 3-4 minutes. If using dehydrated spinach, just add it to oil and proceed to next step.
Add MP Spaghetti Sauce mix with diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and water, stirring well and cook for 10 minutes. Add cooked penne and artichokes and stir well. In a large mixing bowl, combine cottage cheese, mozzarella, ricotta cheese, egg white and salt.
In 9x13 casserole dish, add 1/;2 penne mixture, top with 1/2 cheese mixture and layer each mixture again, with cheese mixture on top. Sprinkle with parmesan on top. Bake approximately 30-40 minutes, until hot and bubbly. Enjoy with a green salad w/ Mom's Place Gluten Free Creamy Ranch Dressing and Mom's Place Gluten Free French Bread or Bread Sticks - yum!!