Gluten-free Spaghetti Squash with Meatballs
Spaghetti Squash Ingredients
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 - 14 oz. can tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp. hot pepper relish (optional)
- 4-6 cloves of garlic, whole (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning (oregano, basil, thyme)
- 1 lb. sausage (room temp. when making)
- 2 cups Mom's Place Gluten Free Honey Harvest Pancakes mix or Buttermilk Pancakes mix
- Handful of favorite shredded cheese
Spaghetti Squash Directions:
Pour tomato sauce, olive oil, garlic, hot pepper relish and Italian seasoning into slow cooker and stir well. Cut spaghetti squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Wash the outside. Place squash halves face down into slow cooker. Cook on high 3 hours or low 5 hours. Use a large fork to pull the "spaghetti" out of squash. Place spaghetti into a bowl and pour sauce over it. Top with meatballs once meatballs are made.
*About 1 hour before your spaghetti is done, start the meatballs*
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Take sausage and place in bowl. Add pancake mix and knead it through the sausage with your hands. Add the cheese - start with a handful and add more if you like. Once well-mixed, cover a baking sheet with foil and spray non-sticking spray. Take small amounts and form into "walnut-sized" balls, then place on the foiled baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Makes 16-20 large or 30-45 small meatballs. Place meatballs over spaghetti squash mixture and enjoy!