Lemon Chicken with Summer Squash
- 2 small zucchini or yellow squash, sliced into half-moons (about 4 cups)
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken (thighs or breasts)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp. finely grated lemon zest
- 2 cups rice
- 1 Tbsp.Mom's Place Gluten Free Chicken Bouillon
- 4 cups water
- Salt & pepper for seasoning
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a small bowl, toss squash with lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper. Set aside.
Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and brown on both sides. Remove to a covered oven safe dish. Add onion to skillet and cook 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minutes. Stir in lemon zest, rice, chicken bouillon and water. Add rice to dish with chicken nestled. Add skillet ingredients on top and then add squash. Bake 30 minutes with lid on. Remove lid and bake 10 minutes more, until broth is absorbed, rice and chicken are cooked through. Replace lid and let rest 5 minutes before serving.